Friday, December 31, 2010

New Years Resolutions

It's always a hard decision for me whether to make New Years Resolutions or not.

I think it's a good practice to set goals for yourself, and what better time than at the beginning of a new piece of your life? But here comes the decision: I've never actually kept a New Years resolution. Do I make one and probably fail yet again? Or do I look at it optimistically and try again hoping I'll actually do it this time?

That said, I am making a few resolutions. And you may ask me if I'm keeping them.

First, i'm going to get into shape. That included doing p90x, and actually finishing it this time. I also plan to start running again, and I'd like to start swimming. One of my life goals is to do a triathlon, and eventually to finish an Iron Man triathlon. I need to start getting onto shape now.

Second, I'm going to read through the Bible this year. I got a One Year Bible for Christmas, so I really have not excuse this time. I've wanted to for a while, and I've tried before. I've also tried to get myself into a daily devotional routine, which the One Year Bible will help with.

Third, I've got some personal issues I'm going to be working through this year. I'm still working on setting concrete goals, so they probably won't be technically New Years resolutions, but I've resolving on New Years to change these character flaws and bad habits.

Beyond resolution, I'm hoping to figure out a plan for my life this year, a direction to go. I have a good idea, and I've talked to a couple people about it, but it's going to take some definite planning and some timing on my part.

So, anyone who reads this and cares to, I'd appreciate your prayers as I go through some major growing pains this year physically, mentally, and spiritually. Thanks :D

No comments:

Post a Comment