Wednesday, July 14, 2010

means to a...

I always told myself I'd never live for the weekend.

Slogging through the work week, day by day, hoping that the boss doesn't throw one more thing on your plate, and focusing on the great time you're gonna have if you can just get past this damn work week...

This is the week I break that promise to myself. I can't wait for the weekend.

But contrary to the thoughts this state of mind elicits, I don't hate my job, and I don't have a wreck of a life that makes me hope for some me time. I actually quite enjoy my job, and life is pretty good.

It's definitely been a week, though. Plans change, hope dies, vacation gets shortened significantly, and it's time to figure things out again.

It's gonna be a good weekend. I don't think I'll have to work Saturday, which means I might get to go climbing, or maybe even drive up to BV so I can mow the lawn for my dad (since he's out of town) and change my oil (since I've put 5000 on my new car in 2 and a half months). On Sunday I'm even going to go look at a house that I might want to buy. It's an awesome house...well, it's an awesome old church that could be my house. We'll see.

Change.

I love change. My last blog post was about stagnation and how I felt like my bones were rotting away inside of me (OK, I exaggerate a bit). Today I'm trying to settle myself into a plan that allows me to hold down an unchanging job in an unchanging town around mostly unchanging people. This house/church may become my ever changing rock that anchors me to one place. How weird is that?

I've realized that my blog is like a mist. Always drifting from one subject to the next, some things clear, others obscured by the ramblings of my mind, it never quite takes a solid form, yet it's complete in its own right.

So today I leave you with a sentiment I agree with from Augustine. He said: "Love God and do whatever the hell you want." And I must add, you must do it in that order.

Ceteris Paribus

No comments:

Post a Comment